6.06.2007

10 Years and Counting

Yesterday I got an email for my 10 year class reunion. Wow!! It's hard to believe that I'm that old!! I dug out a old picture of me on Graduation day and had a good laugh.


So I got thinking about what has happened in my life over the past ten years and I feel pretty happy about the adventures and blessings that have come my way in a 10 year period. Here's a list of some of the highlights...



  • Attended Snow College where I met the sisters I never grew up with...thanks Monica, Dixie, Mandy, Danielle, Mary, and Teresa!!
  • Married Rusty, a small town boy, in the Salt Lake Temple.
  • Graduated from Utah State University with a degree in Special Education.
  • Taught at Cedar Ridge Middle School for 3 years and worked with kids who changed my life forever.
  • Lived in Cache Valley and met some of the best friends me and Rusty could ever have...Dax & Tristie, and Jerry & Camber.
  • Learned to hunt, fish, and camp like a true outdoorsman, the Kaiser way!!
  • Traveled to Brazil and France with the man who has helped me see that there is more to life than just sitting around.
  • Enjoyed life in Laramie, Wyoming while Rusty worked hard on his Master's Degree.
  • Blessed with Bridger Boy, the joy of my life.
  • Moved to Rawlins, Wyoming for another adventure.
  • Waiting now to move to Pinedale, Wyoming for yet another chapter in my story.

So as I reflect on these experiences and several others that I didn't share I think that the past 10 years hasn't been all that bad. I've had ups and downs but feel that there have been people in my life who have helped me get here and loved me along the way!! Thanks!!



Boy, it will be interesting to see everyone from HHS and see what path they have taken. Hopefully we'll get in some good laughs too!!

7 comments:

Jessie said...

So are you telling me that you're going to dish out $65 to golf (do you golf?) and another $45 to eat? I'm not sure what those SBO's were thinkin', but who can afford that? I guess it's better than a hot dog BBQ in the ole' high school gym, right?

Bridger is such a cute little man!

annek said...

I am a little surprised at the price too...but I guess we've got rich boys planning it so what do you expect. :)

pamela said...

so really you ARE going? well, you'll have to fill me in. i decided to not pay a lot of money to eat dinner with at least two people who told me i was ugly. take pictures, and post about it!!! we love you though - can we have a reunion with you?

Tristie hearts Dax said...

That is great. You are the kind of gal that people will love to see. Dax's 10 year is this September (when I will be a barge), so we are looking forward to it. I will have to sew myself a new moo moo or something to go in...

Jessie said...

It's my little guy's 2nd bday, so I won't be going either.

But yes, Anne, we should have a little meetup while your in town! I would love to spend the $110 surrounded by people I really care about!

annek said...

Truthfully, I was hoping that if enough people didn't sign up because of expense they would make some changes. Rusty's 10 year was expensive but in the long run no one wanted to spend the $$. They changed it to a more family friendly event.
I guess we'll see!

Kristin said...

I can't believe it's been 10 years for you!!! As for me, I'm at 15, but there's no way I'm that OLD! I loved your graduation picture...it reminds me of mine...same white cap and gown...so much excitement...oh the memories!