4.16.2008

My Baby

...is no longer a baby. Yesterday afternoon I pulled out the wrench and screwdriver and took down my Bridger boy's crib. Later that night, Rusty brought in the mattress and we set up the "Big Boy Bed". We let Bridger choose what sheets he wanted to put on and then have some time to enjoy his newest "toy".

To my surprise last night went extremely well, he only made it into our bedroom once in the middle of the night. And then slept to his usual early morning hour of 6:30am. Nap time has even gone great. He fell asleep in the car this afternoon, I quickly brought him into bed, he slept a while, woke up, and then I redirected him to his bed, tucked him in, and he is asleep again. Yeah!!

Part of me is excited about this new phase of B's life, but I am sad to see my little boy growing up so quickly. Not knowing when the crib will be used again is a bit depressing for me. Isn't it crazy how we are supposed to grow up, have new experiences, and progress in this life, yet as we look back it's so hard to let go.

Next month: Potty training...wish me luck!

11 comments:

pamela said...

wow...the transition was that easy? holy cow.

Jessie said...

Yay Bridger! What a big boy! GL Potty Training...i need pointers on that one!

Danielle said...

Good luck with Potty training my friend!! We've been trying for about 6 months now, to no avail. We now owe Parker a dump truck, ball, and an electric four-wheeler once he is all trained. The jack pot keeps getting more and more pricey, so hopefully this happens soon. Let me know how you guys do with it.

Monica Lifferth said...

Yay congrats! Ben took to the "big boy bed" pretty easily too.

Good luck on the potty training. NOw that is an area we had a rough time with. My advice, don't put too much pressure on the little guy, and you need a ton of patience. I would have done it differently if I were to do it over.

Kari said...

Such a big change!! I always have a hard time putting the baby stuff away. HOpe the potty training goes as easily!! Good luck!!

TheTandyFamily said...

You will be setting that crib back up before you know it. Keep smiling!! :)

K said...

It is hard to let go of every phase. Since I've only been able to have one it makes every transition bitter sweet because I know it's not going to happen again, but you just learn to love the moment and phase you're in. The big boy bed is a huge transition and you are so lucky he did well with it. It will take a bit of getting used to when you open your eyes and he's standing right there, or climbs into your bed and you've been used to knowing where he is! Good times!

Andersons said...

I hate moving kids into big beds >sniff<. It's so significant to me and it makes me sad to see them grow up before my eyes. Glad he did well - good job!

And good luck with potty training! I look forward to many funny/frustrating posts. :-)

The Zieglers said...

Anne your blog is wonderful!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Tristie hearts Dax said...

I was surprised at feeling those same sad feelings when I took down Hunter's crib. I think it was mostly because I loved putting him in there at night and knew he would stay! Well, that is exciting that you are entering the toddler stage officially. I think age 3 is my favorite.

Is Bridger SERIOUSLY ready to potty train? Wow. I waited and waited for Hunter to be ready... He was almost three and a half.

Chris and Kelsie said...

I can't believe Bridger he is adorable. I just found your blog on Katrina's blog. I was so excited. We were just talking about you guys the other day. I added you to my list of friends I hope that is o.k. You have to love the blogging world. Hope things are going good for you guys in Wyo. Our blog is www.chrisandkels@blogspot.com