8.24.2008

Derby

This weekend our ward hosted a Mother/Son Fishing Derby. We didn't do much fishing, but we enjoyed the sandy beach and icy water of Willow lake and I have to admit that I really had a great time! Our ward is so diverse, we have SO many young families moving in. I look at these young moms as the "mothers" in our ward. But it was really fun to see the other "mothers" of the ward bring their sons, who are grown, and enjoy a day with their big boys. It made me hope that one day I can do this again with my Bridger, and he can be the big boy taking care of me. It also helped me realize I need to enjoy these days that I have left with him as a little boy, for they only come once.

4 comments:

Tristie hearts Dax said...

true, true. good mama!

katie said...

hey lady,I've been stalking your blog for a little while now. Bridger is so dang cute. I can't believe how big he is. You guys look great. This is such a fun way to keep in touch with your family. Yes, they do grow so fast. Cherish every min. Even the ones you don't want to. I am so glad I found your blog.

Andersons said...

What a good idea to have a mother/son outing! Enjoy that cute little dude - he'll be heading off to USU before you know it!

K said...

What a fun activity. Kaleb would love it if they did that here. So proud of you for taking him on such a fun outing.