8.12.2008

Finally

We finally made it camping this summer. We've been so busy with house projects and then the fire that we haven't really been out to enjoy one of our favorite summer activities. We had a great time eating tin foil dinners and banana boats, seeing some wildlife, catching a couple fish, and sitting around the campfire despite the rain.






The best part of the weekend was berry picking. The raspberries were in full bloom and we couldn't resist stopping at every bush we saw to pick some delicious little treats. I was amazed at how many berries there were. Here's a shot of just one of the bushes.



We picked and picked and picked and came home with so many berries I had to freeze some because we couldn't use them all.





We had a great time this weekend and Sunday afternoon we reaped the benefits of all our picking with delicious raspberry shakes!!


8 comments:

Jessie said...

I would love to go on a Kaiser campout! You guys are pros!

moller99 said...

I agree you guys are pros!! I have never seen people who can go out and know where to find all of the yummy treats you guys do.

Andersons said...

So the question is, were your raspberry shakes better than the ones you get at Bear Lake? Or the Malt Shop?? :-)

The Zieglers said...

We wanna come next time!!! Raspberry shakes.....YUMMMMMM

K said...

So glad you guys made it out camping. It seems like the summer has disappeared and we haven't done many fun things or had time to enjoy the great outdoors ourselves. It's my favorite time of the year too. Maybe this fall we'll get some hiking in. Anyway, I'm really jealous of the raspberries and especially the shakes!

Neika Boulter said...

Hey Anne,
Your page is so cute, come visit mine sometime if you want. ALTHOUGH... its set to private so you'll have to tell me your email then I can approve you. My email is neikamom2 at yahoo.

Michelle said...

So cute!! What a blast! I love camping :)

Kari said...

The raspberry shakes make camping in the rain worth it!! Looks like you had a great time!