9.19.2007

Just a minute

Well, I'm visiting the Kaiser's this week and have found just a minute to make a post. I'm going to give a quick Kaiser summer report. It has been crazy, fun, stressful, and everything else, but as I am looking back I'm happy to survived it!!




July ended with a bang! I was able to spend the last 10 days of the month with my mom in Salt Lake. July 24th is our "Annual Turk and Utahna Frantz Reunion" so I was able to visit with my brothers and sisters and their families. It was great to see them all, as well as my cousins and their families. I will admit that it gets a little crazy with all of them, but it is definitely worth it. Thanks to Rex who provided the cotton candy for the event...I think this will definitely have to become a regular treat at the event!!!







Early August was filled with days in Pinedale. Most of my days were spent at the trailer and at the beautiful Pinedale Library. Life in the camper trailer has not been as bad as expected. I think the only thing that I would really wish for out of trailer life is more than 3 minutes of hot water for a shower. Bridger, on the other hand, couldn't ask for anything more. He gets to run around outside as much as he wants and when he is inside he plays with toys or watches "Shrek 2" and "The Backyardigans". We have meet some really nice people, some really weird people, and a couple scary people while being camp host at the Warren Bridger Campsite. All in all it has been a great experience and a little bit inside of me is sad to leave that place. :)



Towards the end of August Rusty was called up for a 10-day wildfire duty with the Elko, Nevada Hot Shots crew. He and the Elko crew were called to the Castle Rock fire just north of Sun Valley Idaho. Rusty had a good time and learned a lot as he was "thrown to the wolves" on his very first wildfire. Rusty was helicoptered up the mountain where he stayed for a few days looking for hot spots and doing other crazy fire stuff. He said it was amazing to see those Hot Shots at work...they were animals packing chainsaws, gas, and other equipment up the mountain on their backs!!! After it was all said and done, Rusty came home with some fierce blisters and great connections for another fire duty next year.



September came and so has the cool weather. The temperature swings in Pinedale are just unreal...we go from high 20's at night to mid 70's in the day. It really has been beautiful and I have actually liked the cool off. Bridger and I are meeting some nice people at Storytime and playgroup, so that is helping with the loneliness. With the cold weather we have been getting really serious with house stuff. Our home arrived September 4th in Pinedale and things have been moving along since then. The house is now on it's foundation and electricity is ran to the house. Our septic system should be done soon as well as our garage/outbuilding. This means that we may be able to close on the house and MOVE IN some time the second week of October!!! All this is tentative, but I am very hopeful.


Thanks to the Kaiser's and my mom for being wonderful and patient with me and Bridger as we have been wanderers since July. Although our families have been great and taken care of us since July, I still can't wait for our own place. Hopefully soon I will be blogging from home, until then enjoy!!

5 comments:

Jessie said...

Yay! I'm so happy to see you blogging! I've missed your posts! You have been on quite the adventure the past few months! Sounds like things should be winding down as you settle into your new place.

So did you buy the trailer? We LOVED living in ours too. It's definitely the simple life!

aaronlifferth said...

Anne! I am a serious blog stalker and I have missed yours so much! I'm glad to see a post from you and can't wait for you to be posting again more regularly. I think we definately need to come see you in your new little home as soon as you are all settled. Good luck with the next few weeks!

Monica :)

Tristie hearts Dax said...

way to go kaisers. not many people understand what it is like to live in an rv park! Welcome to the club. we are counting down till your move in day! WAH HOO!

Tadorton said...

I am so happy for you. I hope everything goes as planned. You are such a trouper! I am glad you are so positive.

Danielle said...

Anne- I'm sad we didn't get to play while you were in Utah. I want to see Bridger in real life so bad! Hopefully someday huh? I'm glad that you posted on your blog, I've been missing it!