11.20.2007

A New Twist...

...on an old favorite. So, I must admit that one of my favorite meals as a child, teenager, and now as an adult is Ramen Noodles. Ok, I know they are probably not the most healthy, but boy you just can't beat good ol' fashioned Chicken flavor Ramen, can you??!



Well, when I worked at the Developmental Preschool in Laramie, Doreen, the best cook ever, made a ramen noodle lunch for the kids. As a teacher, I was lucky enough to be able to eat her lunches because we were "modeling" good eating skills to the preschool kids. Within a month of working there I knew to check the lunch menu each week, anticipating the next time she would serve "Oriental Beef Noodle Toss". I loved this meal so much that I had to get her recipe before I left Laramie. I made it the other night and had to share a family favorite with you all.

Hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as I do!!








Oriental Noodle Toss
  • 1 lb. Hamburger
  • 2 packages Oriental Ramen Noodles
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 cups frozen veggies(any mix you like)

Brown the hamburger and drain any fat. Season burger with 1 seasoning packet. Set aside. Combine water, vegetables, noodles, and 1 seasoning packet. Bring to a boil and simmer 3 minutes or until noodles are tender. Add burger to the skillet, heat through, and viola!! A heavenly little dinner that your kids, and maybe even you and you hubby will love!!

3 comments:

pamela said...

jessie is going to love this. i have to admit that i am well aware that i shouldn't eat raumen noodles, but i give in once in awhile.

Danielle said...

You've been tagged! Go to my blog for the details!

Anonymous said...

Anne,
Doreen would be so proud! THe girls always tell me that it's not the same as hers :)
Leah