12.07.2007

Tis' the Season...

So I thought I should finally make some sort of holiday post. My nativities are up, the house is decorated, the tree is up, lights are on the house, presents are wrapped, and there are even delicious chocolate chip cookies made, but I haven't felt like making a post lately, am I a Scrooge or what?!

Last Saturday we had the hunt for the perfect Christmas tree. We loaded up the truck and headed to the Bridger-Teton National Forest. After driving to the forest and up and down the snow covered road, we decided to take a short hike to find THE ONE. To my dismay the hike was unsuccessful, we couldn't find anything good enough for my liking.

So we hopped in the truck again to make another drive, just in case we missed one. Well, I don't know how to explain it, but somehow while Rusty was driving he saw an amazing tree out of the corner of his eye. It was about 50 yards away, a lone pine tree in a bunch of Aspens, just waiting for someone to find it and fulfill it's Christmas tree dream. So we hiked up the hill, took a good look at it, and Rusty cut the masterpiece down. Here it is....



Bridger had a great time! He was in awe of all the trees and loved the snow.



So the story doesn't end as magical as it sounds. We put the tree up on Saturday night and wanted to decorate it on Sunday evening. Well, our plans quickly changed when Sunday morning we walked into the front room to find the tree laying on our loveseat and water all over my new carpet!! Oops! Needless to say, the tree spent Sunday and Monday on our porch until Rusty could fix our tree stand. But after all that, here is it, our PERFECT Christmas tree.









No comments: