12.14.2007

What a Difference


Since Thanksgiving I've been really thinking about the difference between little boys and little girls. My niece, Noell, is only 7 1/2 weeks older than Bridger but is completely different in everything! (As noted from the picture above.)
While we were visiting over Thanksgiving Noell wanted to do everything her mom did. If Janell was cooking, Noell had to be on a chair at the counter helping, if Janell was unloading the dishwasher, Noell was on a chair putting the silverware in the drawer, you get my point. After noticing this I have tried to expose Bridger to a little bit more of what I do around the house each day, laundry, baking, cleaning, etc. and today was the LAST STRAW!! I had him up on a chair trying to put the silverware in the drawer and as I handed him each utensil I was lucky if it even landed in the drawer, usually it ended up on the counter or floor. He has no interest at all in doing these things, he'd rather be carrying around a ball, pulling ornaments off my Christmas tree, running up and down the hall, or tearing books off his shelf. What the heck!! It's amazing what a little chromosome will do, isn't it?
Here's to you mother's of boys, my best wishes to all of us, I can't wait until the teenage years when Noell will be the one giving Janell grief and I can sit back and just remember the difference in little boys and girls!!
P.S. Happy Birthday Noell!! You are the big TWO!!

3 comments:

Tristie hearts Dax said...

Hilarious Post, Anne! You are so cute. Thanks for the funny reminder.

Jessie said...

Yes, somedays it would be so pleasant to have a little lady in the house. I can't keep up with my little guy either!

Monica Lifferth said...

Hey Anne. I can't find your email and I need to get your address to send you a card. Give me a call or if you have my email send me a note. Thanks!