1.09.2008

Wrapping It Up

So, I'm finally back and ready to blog again. I have been home from our little holiday travel for over a week, but I am just barely getting back into my routine, which includes blogging. :) Here's a quick update on the holidays for the Kaiser clan.

We spent a few days before Christmas, Christmas Eve, and Christmas morning in Utah with the Prescott family. It was so much fun to spend time with my mom and the rest of my family...it made me realize how much I really miss them. Thanks to Dean, Maddy, and the kids for traveling to Salt Lake so much just to hangout with us...it really meant a lot to me.




Christmas morning was good with Bridger, except that he wasn't interested in anything that Santa had brought him. All he wanted was the 30 year old Disney dominoes that my mom has in her toys drawers.




We then headed to Kemmerer for the Kaiser family celebration. This always includes lots of wrapping paper, tons of food, and games of all sorts. Bridger was thrilled with the gifts Grandma and Grandpa got him, especially his Elmo Pillow Book. I was so excited to open one of my presents and find a crepe maker, thanks Laurie!! We even tricked Rusty with one of his gifts. Now let me explain this...Rusty has this intuition, or gift some may call it, that he can always guess what gifts he is getting for Christmas. Well, me and Laurie went in on this together and tricked him this year...it was really fun to see his face!!




We spent from Christmas through New Year's Day with the Kaiser's. Rusty had a great time hanging out with his brothers, fishing their hearts out...and I had a great time AFTER I had a complete emotional melt down. I guess I had been away from home far too long, was tired, and emotional. Thanks to Amy for helping me out of the rut and having fun with me...and by the way, I am going to win Phase 10 one of these days!!

So, there's my holidays in a quick minute (or two)!! I hope you all had a memorable holiday. Happy New Year to you all, may 2008 be better than 2007 (even if 2007 was great)!!

9 comments:

Tristie hearts Dax said...

sounds so fun! wow. Yes, Christmas can be overwhelming. I am glad you got to see both families. It is always tricky to know what the little ones will end up liking the best. That is really why I don't fret about Christmas for them. They don't even care!

pamela said...

glad you are back, glad you got a crepemaker, and glad you recovered from your meltdown. i love a good meltdown. although the only one who can seem to tolerate them is katie....

Jared and Brianne said...

Yay, I'm glad your back to blogging! Looks like Christmas was busy, but really fun! Isn't it so funny when us parents stress out about gifts and such, and all the kids want are old toys. Logan did the same thing this year. Next year I'll wrap the box of Little People and say "Merry Christmas Logan!" Love, Brianne

Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monica Lifferth said...

Glad to see you back Anne. I have missed your posts. The Holidays are wonderful but it is such a relief to get back to normal. I hope to be seeing more posts from you. Love you lots.

Kristin said...

Glad you're back! We were so happy to see you guys at Christmas...we love it when you guys come down! BTW, our blog address has changed, and the link from your page is wrong. It is now rkap.blogspot.com. Love, Rex, Kristin & Alex

Anonymous said...

What did you guys get Rusty?

Jessie said...

Bridger is THE cutest thing I have ever seen! His eyes are amazingly blue!

Glad you had a good Christmas and were able to have lots of family time!

K said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas. Even though I think being away for the holidays is sometimes stressful, it's so worth being with family. Don't worry about the gifts, when they're little they don't care and when they get older, they have a very specific list, so you can't go wrong!