12.19.2007

A Few of My Favorite Things

There are a few things that I look forward to every Christmas. Some of them include the smell of a real Christmas tree, lots of great food, including my mom's rocky road, pecan logs, and cheese ball, Temple Square, Christmas music, spending time with family, collecting and hanging Christmas cards from friends, taking a drive to see lights, and my list could go on and on.

The one thing I want to share today takes me back to when I was a little girl. I LOVED the Christmas specials on television and I remember the excitement I felt as my mom gave me the newspaper that had the listings of ALL the Christmas TV shows. I would look at it searching to find when "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", "The Brady Bunch Christmas", "A Charlie Brown Christmas", "Christmas on Sesame Street", "The Christmas Story", and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" were going to be on. I would wait for those days anticipating how magical those shows were to me.

Well, since we don't have television this year I haven't been able to share this special Christmas memory with Bridger boy. I was really sad about that so I dug through the Christmas selection of DVD and VHS at the public library and found a couple of favorites to check out. I put them on for B to watch as I was busy making Christmas cards and treats. I didn't pay much attention to them because I was busy doing my thing, but I had to stop for my all-time favorite scene from a Christmas movie. I've always loved when Linus quotes this section of scripture, but this year I loved it even more, he reminded me of my Bridger boy carrying around his blanket, that darn blanket. I hope you enjoy...Merry Christmas!!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

So are you comin' to SLC this Christmas? I would love to see you guys!

annek said...

We are going to be in SLC in the next few days, but we have so much family stuff going on. Maybe this spring I can catch up with you ladies!!

K said...

We seem to like the same classic tv specials. K and I love to watch these together. We watched the new one this year, Shrek the Halls. It was cute but it just doesn't compare to the classics. We love Frosty the Snowman a really lot too. Lots of fun.