2.28.2008

100th Post

So I finally made it, ONE HUNDRED POSTS!!! Now I know many of you who started blogs after me have long since hit this landmark, but me, I'm a bit slower. But anyway, in honor of this special occasion I thought I'd share a few things about me. I was thinking I'd share 100 "fun facts" about me, but that would be way too long. So instead, you just get 20 interesting tidbits that you probably don't really care to know, but I'm sharing them anyway, here it goes.


1. I'm an Idaho spud at heart...I was born in Boise, ID.


2. I was an aunt when I was 6 months old, I know crazy huh!?!


3. I was a Girl Scout. I started out in a Daisy Troop and made it all the way to Juniors. I still love Girl Scout cookies to this day, and have Samoas and Thin Mints in my pantry right now!


4. I love Barbie's. I had tons of Barbie's growing up and loved playing with them everyday. I still have most of them packed away with all their original clothes; Peaches 'n Cream, Day to Night, and Crystal Glamour are some of my favorites. Even today I'm lucky enough to still get a Barbie for Christmas every now and then. I'm still a little girl at heart.


5. I've never broken a bone and only had stitches once. Long story short...I ran into a parked truck while chasing after the ice cream man on my bike. OUCH!


6. I loved 80's hair bands!! You name them, I know them...Def Leppard, Warrant, Poison, Skid Row, Metallica, etc. I still love to hear a good Def Leppard song on the radio, ">

7. My favorite color is orange, although I don't really wear it that often. You'll find me in white, black, and brown most often.

8. I've been to all 29 counties in the state of Utah. I visited all of them with either my mom or friends in 1996 during the Utah state centennial. Thanks everyone, I have some great memories!

9. I lived in Ephraim, Utah for 2 years...and LOVED it. Snow College was some of the best times of my life. I met great friends and found the man I married. What more could you ask for in a little town!!

10. My favorite food group is Dairy. I love just about everything that comes from a cow...ice cream, milk, cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese, whipping cream, you get my point.

11. I like to ice fish, and I have to admit that I am pretty good at it. I mean, I can never out-fish Rusty, but I can come close to beating the best!! Love you RK!

12. Although I never want to live in Salt Lake again, I still love driving down Parley's Summit and coming into the valley. There's just something about coming "home".

13. I LOVE to clean my house. I especially love to clean it when I am nervous or anxious. There is one place in the house that I HATE to clean though, the dreaded bathroom. Yuck!

14. My favorite flower is the daisy...has been since middle school and probably always will be.

15. I'm scared of dogs, at least the big ones. I don't why, but I think it's their teeth.

16. I always complain about my curly hair, but really I know I'm lucky to have it. I am probably the laziest person when it comes to hair, so I guess it's good that I don't have to do anything really, it does it on it's own.

17. My most dreaded calling in the church is a Sunday School teacher...and I finally got called to it! Luckily I'm teaching with Rusty who is an excellent teacher and will help me out a bunch!

18. One of my favorite parts of the day is making a good dinner for my family. It doesn't matter what it is, but I love to have the stove going and all the ingredients out...I know, that's kind of geeky!

19. I love to dress up and I've got a good collection of costumes. My favorite is my pink leisure suit, a must have for any collection.

20. One day I really want to go on a cruise. I don't know where, and I guess it really doesn't matter, all I want to go for is the food. I've heard some dreamy stories about eating all you want whenever you want, yummy!


So there you have it...100 POSTS!!

10 comments:

Monica Lifferth said...

Congrats on your 100th post! By the way, I love your curly hair. I always have. Love you Anne. :)

Andersons said...

I've got two words for you...Fat Jacks. :-)

Jessie said...

I want to see a pic of you in the "pink leisure suit".

SLC, never again? WHY?

Anonymous said...

Yogurt cheese (or YoChee) is a great versatile ingedient and substantial nutritional benefits (low or no fat, protein and calcium). You might want to take a look at,” Eat Well the YoChee Way” a guide and cookbook to this important food. It really expands the use of yogurt cheese to desserts, main courses and much more. Also nutritional content. Also, the website YoChee.com contains a free yogurt cheese how- to slide show, nutrition information and free recipes.

pamela said...

you are so funny. i think i knew most of those, but i didn't know you liked hair bands. that was a suprise.

K said...

Great post! I am so proud that I think I knew all of those things about you. No I take that back I didn't know the Barbie thing. I agree with the person above, I want photos of you in the leisure suit!

Anonymous said...

Anne -

Big hair bands is the real reason you love your curly locks. Is the pink leisure suit the one that you got when you were in High School? Was it's dad truck that you ran into on your bike? Finally, I'll keep my thoughts to myself about costumes for you and Rusty :-)

Love ya tons and I'll see ya soon.

Rex

Tristie hearts Dax said...

i love your fun facts and i love you. you are my kind of girl. so fun to talk to you the other day! thanks!

cambersue said...

You know, I know some really cool people who live right on the edge of the country, actually only 30 miles from the Bahamas. I should introduce you to them some time! They love visitors!

Anonymous said...

okay Anne...when you mentioned the peaches and cream barbie doll, a flood of memories came back to me. I can picture her evening gown right now. I wonder if I can find one in my size? That was my favorite barbie ever.