2.23.2008

Like Father Like Son

Rusty LOVES fishing. He LOVES everything about it; the rods, the reels, the tackle, when a fish bites, the fight, and especially the hook-set. Now this will sound very weird to most of you, but bless his soul, Rusty especially LOVES fishing tackle. In fact, collecting fishing tackle is one of his hobbies. He could sit and go through tackle for hours. Every time we go to Wal-mart, there he is in the Sporting Goods section, looking at tackle. Well, now he is passing this love down to his boy. I don't know if Rusty has really done anything out of the ordinary to encourage this passion, but somehow I think Bridger came hard-wired to LOVE fishing like his daddy.



Friday night Rusty was gathering up his fishing gear for an early morning fishing trip to Fontenelle. I haven't seen Bridger so excited about something for a LONG time. He was thrilled to see the fishing poles and was even more excited when Rusty let him carry them around. He kept running around the house showing me the fishing pole saying, "This!!"



Later Rusty got out the fishing tackle, and just like his dad he couldn't keep his hands off it. When Rusty pulled out his tackle boxes Bridger's eyes were bright as could be!! There was every color and shape of jig in the box. Bridger kept grabbing handfuls at a time and messing up Rusty neat and tidy tackle box. It was so fun to see the two of them share something special.





I guess the saying "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree" is completely true for my boys.

7 comments:

Kari said...

Loved the post!! I bet Rusty is thrilled to have a little fishing buddy! Bridger is so darn cute!!

Andersons said...

I second that...you have the cutest little boy! How lucky you and Rusty are. You did such a great job describing Bridger's expressions - I feel like I was there!

pamela said...

it's great they at least have one thing in common!

tris said...

Anne!

Its Trisdan (Fausett)! I found your blog through Danielle. Your boys are so so Rusty...at least in their appearance. I was really anti-blog until my sister Mags talked me into it...and I'm so glad, I've found so many old friends. So are you guys permenant residence of Wyoming? I'm guessing it would be really hard to pull Rusty away. We would love to see you guys. I know Mandy has talked about some kind of reunion this summer. We are in Albuquerque, and expecting our fourth and final in May...a little girl. Our blog is ktfausett.blogspot.com. We would love to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

Bridger will make a fine fisherman I am sure, but I'll bet he is going to be a shed huntin fool growing up in Pinedale......or maybe that is just because he is a Kaiser. By the way, seeing Bridger last week and chasing him around was the highlight of my week.....and I did do just fine on my tests.

cambersue said...

Dallin and Jerry are just the same, we really need to get these boys together for a fishing trip. Actually you all just need to come here, and we can all go fishing!

Tadorton said...

He's Rusty Boy! I am glad that you have them.