3.27.2008

OBSESSION...on hold

I consider myself a fairly smart, educated person, but reading isn't my thing. I rarely pick up a book, even though I really know I should read something every now and then. Since Bridger was born my reading has consisted of Parents magazines and the scriptures. So this year I decided that I was going to make myself a better person by reading a book a month. This may not mean much to those of you who are avid readers, but this was a commitment for me. I did great in January, reading 2 books! February was not so hot. I chose a church book, that just couldn't get my attention. I knew that it wasn't good to give up on this goal so quickly, but I just couldn't do it! Well, March rolled around and a couple of friends mentioned a book that they were obsessed with. I asked Mindy if she could pass the book along to me after she was done, I needed something good to get me back on track. She agreed, but gave me one piece of advice...make sure you have everything around your house cleaned up and in order, because everything would be neglected while reading this book. I laughed and took the book home hoping this would pan out better than my previous try.


Well, I started this book and got into a couple of chapters. I had a lot on my plate so I didn't let it control too much of my thoughts and time. Well, after our little trip to Missoula I finished it off. Within hours of finishing it, I loaded Bridger into the car and headed into the Library to get the second installment. Rusty was gone to another conference so I let the second book consume me, reading it in only a couple of days. Last Thursday when I was at story time, I decided, against my better judgement, to see if #3 was on the shelf. Well, lucky for me, but unlucky for Bridger and my household duties, it was there!!! I checked it out thinking I would read it after my upcoming trip to Utah. Well, that didn't really last long. I finished the book yesterday, and haven't even left for my trip to Utah...so much for waiting!


The fourth book in this saga doesn't come out for a little while, so my house will stay clean, Bridger will be fed, and I won't have this obsession hanging over me for a while. We are on the countdown for #4 release and the 1st movie to come out...we are planning a girls weekend to celebrate our obsession by checking out the movie and doing some shopping.



Well, thanks to a couple of friends I have fulfilled my New Year's goal to read a book this month, well actually 3.


10 comments:

Jessie said...

I've read the first 2, but can't seem to get into #3. I need to get back to it. Way to read, Anne!

Will we be seeing you on your trip to UT?

pamela said...

i have this problem with harry potter.....

Di said...

I am right there with you. I wasn't getting any sleep while I read the books. I would try to go to bed but I'd keep thinking about what was going to happen so I'd just get back up and keep reading. Ridiculous right!

cambersue said...

oh my gosh...you know me and reading...like rusty and reading...it just doesn't happen!:) well a ton of my friends were reading this for book club and talked me into picking it up...as you came to find out, you just can't stop! I read all three in a week! I couldn't believe it I had never been absolutely consumed by a book, well 3 books before. And even after I finished it took like 2 weeks for me to stop thinking about it! So I'm excited for the story to resolve...hopefully it won't drag me on another year for another book!

TheTandyFamily said...

I love this series of books! I am so excited about the movie to come out. I check the authors website every so often to see what new details are transpiring. I was so excited when she posted the pictures of the actors that had been cast for the different roles. So fun!!

K said...

Good job. I posted what I thought about these books on my blog. I just finished all of them too. So not my type of book but they were fun to read and I'm sure I'll get in on the craze of the 4th one due to come out this fall. Also, she is releasing another book (not in the series) at the beginning of May called the Host. I hear good reviews of it.

Tadorton said...

I read the first one in two days. And then re-read it with TJ. We read the second one, which I found was a little slow! But mostly because I hated Edward so much. But now we are in the 3rd book. I am excited to see the movie.

we share: said...

Anne! I just found your blog through Camber and boy was I ever excited!it is so good to see your little family and your little boy is so cute! I had this total flood of USU memories hit me when I started reading and I am so happy that I found you!

Also- I read these books a few months ago and I love to read and can't put a book down after I start. I read all three in three days. Crazy. I didn't sleep and Easton watched a LOT of TV. I don't understand what is so captivating about them- but anyone who reads them knows what I am talking about! I can't wait for #4 I need some closure. :)

so glad I found you!
love~char

check out our blog: amesbloggers.blogspot.com

Andersons said...

Okay, so all of my Young Women have been raving about these books. I heard it was a bit teeny-bopperish, but if you liked it that much, I must give it a try.

Here's to letting the house go and picking up a good book!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Anne, I got the first book because of you and now I am reading the second like there is no tomorrow :)
Leah H.