5.08.2008

Snot Bars


So the name doesn't sound all that enticing, but let me tell you these yummy treats go down as one of my favorites. My roommate Mandy shared this recipe with me and it will always be a favorite in the Kaiser family.


1 cup Karo syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
7-8 cups Rice Krispy cereal
1 pkg. chocolate chips


Combine Karo syrup and sugar. Heat until sugar dissolves, but DO NOT BOIL!! Stir in peanut butter. Pour over cereal and mix well. Press into a greased 9x13 pan. Melt chocolate chips and spread over cereal. Cool and then cut. Store covered.
These are delicious warm but very messy!!

2 comments:

pamela said...

i think i need to make these, late at night, when no one else is around.

cambersue said...

these are one of our favorites too! Jerry likes them better without the chocolate...but as you know, I make the treats and I eat most of them so usually they're just the way I like 'em! So when are you guys coming down here to let me make treats for you?!!!