2.17.2007

Birthday Bash

Last night we had a little gathering to celebrate Bridger's b-day. We don't have any family here in Rawlins, so we invited the next best thing...the Lionberger family. We had a small dinner, porcupine meatballs (a favorite of Bridger's), garlic bread, and veggies. Bridger enjoyed his meal but was a bit more interested in the balloons tied to his high chair.


After dinner we let Bridger open his gifts. He didn't seem to understand what he was supposed to do, even after all the practice he had at Christmas time. I really think he was more concerned about his old toys that Kayliegh and Derek were playing with.

Then came the ultimate 1st birthday tradition...letting Bridger chow down on birthday cake. I gave him his own cupcake to start with and it was gone within a matter of seconds. So we refilled him with another piece of cake and some bits of ice cream. I will definitely say he is his father's son and grandfather's grandson...he took down the chocolate cake and ice cream just like Rusty and Paul can!!
After we let him wallow in his crumbs for a while we decided it was bath time. Bridger enjoyed his birthday bath, what a great way to end the day! What a fun day for Bridger, but truthfully I think I had more fun!

5 comments:

Jessie said...

Looks like fun for everyone!

Happy Birthday, Bridger!

Now you have a toddler, Anne! Can you believe it?

Tadorton said...

How fun. Yum! Chocolate cake, porcipine meatballs, garlic bread, veggies - Wow, I can't tell I am pregnant just reading that made me hungry.

I can hardly wait for our first birthday celebration about a year from now.

Tristie hearts Dax said...

You're first born turned one. Congrats to both of you for making it one whole year! It flies by and I remember when Pres turned one how completely crazy it felt and to think of how much she'd changed and how much I'd changed, just as you said. The best part is, you will never ever be able to picture your life without him, even though he's been here for such a short time! He is just beautiful and you are an awesome Mother! Anne, I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

I thought about Bridger on his birthday because it is the same day as my little sisters. It looks like it was a wonderful day. Anne, your post about becoming a parent was very touching. It does change your life completely but they are the most amazing wonderful things.

Now you get to experience toddlerhood. You thought you felt a million emotions the first year, oh boy, get ready for a million more.

Happy Birthday Bridger. Love you guys.
Monica Lifferth

Anonymous said...

I love that photo with the cake. Yep, he eats just like his Dad.