5.19.2008

Cubs

Okay, this post isn't about the Chicago Cubs, even though that would make my mom and Jessie very happy, but it is a follow up to an earlier post. I only had a few guesses as to what was hiding in the picture that Rusty took the other day, and surprisingly Kristin was kind of right!! What you were all looking at was a mountain lion cub. The little babe was perched on the dead tree, almost dead center of the picture.









Here is a different close up shot. Check out the eyes glowing and the little nose. Isn't it so cute!! Rusty was able to see twin cubs, but no mother. I'm sure the mother was close by, watching her little ones, but Rusty wasn't able to catch a glimpse.








I feel so blessed to live in one of the most beautiful and amazing places around. There is not a day that goes by that I do not see wildlife of some kind; deer, moose, antelope, elk, golden eagles, bald eagles, anything!! Most of you city folks only hear/read about these beautiful creatures that Heavenly Father has created, I get to see the majesty of his creation on a daily basis. What an amazing blessing. Thanks hun for dragging me to WYO, it really is an adventure!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Rusty,
Are you sure the little cubs weren't holding up a sign that said "Hi, Kristin"? I swear there's a mountain lion out there somewhere with this sign! That's my dream, is to see a mountain lion in the wild. I'm sure it was an amazing sight!
Kristin

pamela said...

you are lucky - all we get to see are roly polys.

K said...

I knew once you pointed it out I would be able to see it but I am horrible at picking things out of photos. My Dad would not be proud of me, or for that matter my brothers that are in that line of work too. We had a baby bobcat for a pet for a few weeks when I was younger. I agree you are lucky to see wildlife every day. Always an adventure.

Jessie said...

I would be SO scared if I ran into one of those! Preston would love it though!

cambersue said...

Wow...it is amazing how camo those little creatures are!