5.12.2008

That's What Aunts Are For

I need to give a little shout out to my sister Sharon!! While visiting for Whitt's wedding a couple of weeks ago, she was kind enough to replace Bridger's beloved, but MIA Lightnin' McQueen car. Now a little background on this car...Bridger got this car for his b-day in February. It was one of his cake decorations and probably the most beloved of all his birthday presents. This car has barely left his hands (day or night) since then!! Well, a day or two before we left for Salt Lake, Lightnin' McQueen came missing!!! I searched the entire house and found nothing. I knew it had to be in the house because I saw it in the morning, but by breakfast it was MIA. There were some tears shed, but luckily I found another little toy (Little Miss Sunshine...you know what I'm talking about Michelle) to replace his beloved Lightnin' McQueen. Well, the whole drive to Salt Lake, I thought "Should I buy another car, or just have him find a new favorite toy?" I wasn't sure what would be best, I didn't want to enable this dependence on a toy car, but I felt bad for my little man. Well, after just a quick mention of this ordeal to my sister, she returned from the store with a new Lightnin' McQueen! This was a life saver, keeping B happy during Whitt's wedding and everyday since then! So, thanks again Sharon...look at the grin on this kid's face, he couldn't be any happier! You are a great aunt!!

1 comment:

Tristie hearts Dax said...

my, oh, my that DARLING smile and that sparkle in his eyes says it ALL!